[kronolith] vCalendar Into Kronolith

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:29:18 +0100

Zitat von Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:

> If I follow the vCalendar 1.0 spec (I have that printed out), will that
> be close
> enough (forward compatible?)?  That 2.0 RFC is huge!! :)

Yeah, I know! :-) If you start implementing vCalendar 1.0 that should be
enough for the beginning.

> Where would I put this import API?  The reason I ask is that the Horde
> framework
> has it's JavaDOC-ish docs, but I don't see one for Kronolith (I'm a Java
> programmer, you get so spoiled by documentation generated by code).  If
> you
> point me to the module/file that has the other import API stuff, I can
> probably
> find it from there.

Unfortunately the Data:: class is not very well documented, my bad. The api
file for Kronolith is lib/api.php. You can take a look at Turbas api file
and how the api methods are integrated into config/registry.php. Turba
already has a contact/add method that should give you an idea how the Horde
apis work.

> It looks like you already have written the Horde.data.Data class with the
> type
> IMPORT_ICALENDAR?  Is this work fairly close to done?  If so, is there
> an
> example of import that I can follow?

I haven't looked at the code for a while, but if I remember correctly, the
import routines already import the v/iCalendar files into a huge php array.
If so, all that's left to do is to map the array entries into an event
object and save it.

Jan.