[kronolith] A solution for event notification

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri Oct 25 04:05:34 2002

Quoting Tom Redfern <thos@fonebone.net>:

> My object was to write a script that could access the datbase and be
> called out of cron.   I know perl.  I've never worked with PHP.  I'm
> about to get my feet wet though.
>
> I'd kind of like to get this encorporated into horde - re-written into
> php, of course.

And rewritten to use Kronolith's API, so that it works for backends other
than SQL and obeys user preferences, etc.

It'd be interesting to have a command-line PHP daemon, so that things could
be scheduled independent of cron if necessary...

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."
 - Google, thanks to Harpers