[kronolith] Integrating the CVS version (how to do it)

Dale Bewley dlbewley@ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 27 16:52:11 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 06:30, hordeproject@njdevils.info wrote:
> Okay, hang on one second...
> Can someone explain exactly what this "rsync" is?  To me it sounds like it
> will update the PHP Horde scripts on my site to the latest version posted on
> CVS.  Is this right?

http://rsync.samba.org/

I suppose you might think of it like ftp, but it's really nothing like
ftp. If you don't know what CVS is, you don't want to rsync the whole
tree. That will get you all versions and all the changes and still not
give you usable files.

Just learn what CVS is, install it, and use it to checkout the latest
version of horde. See

http://www.horde.org/source/using.php
http://www.cvshome.org/

..or wait for the releases.