[kronolith] Feature Creep request

Charles Kaucher kaucher at cgki.com
Thu Dec 19 13:25:08 PST 2002

The HEAD version I am using is about 3-4 weeks old so some of these
comments may have already been addressed. I am also using MySql as the
backend.

***********<Sorting events in month view>

Events shown by month.php for shared calendars appear to be presented in
calendar order(alphabetic?) and then by time for every calendar. It
would be more appropriate to show all events from all calendars
Kronologically. I think the line in month.php in question is

  $allevents = Kronolith::listEvents($startDate, $endDate,
$GLOBALS['display_calendars']);

It appears that $allevents should be sorted by date and start time.
This seems to be only applicable to the month view.

***************<Print view>
When printing the month view there is no grid.  I think this can be
rectified by putting  border="1" in the following lines in /month/head.inc

10 <table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

19 <tr><td class="control"><table border="0" cellpadding="2"
cellspacing="1" width="100%">

Here is the relevant section of code in head.inc revised to accommodate
a printview and nonprint view.

<?php if($print_view){?>
<?php } else {?>
<?php } ?>
   <th class="header">
   <?php echo (!$print_view) ? Horde::link($prevurl, _("Last Month"),
'menuitem') . Horde::img('prev.gif', '&lt;'). '</a>' : '' ?>
   <?php echo $title ?>
   <?php echo (!$print_view) ? Horde::link($nexturl, _("Next Month"),
'menuitem') . Horde::img('next.gif', '&gt;') .'</a>' : '' ?>
   </th>

<?php if($print_view){?>
cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<?php } else {?>
cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<?php } ?>

***************<Calendar groups>
The addition of user groups has been a great addition. The ability to
add users and groups of users make administration easy.  As a complement
  to this it woulds seem only appropriate to a calendar groups where a
group of calendars could be assigned to a group of users or user. Not
sure if this is a major change or not and have not investigated thoroughly.

When viewing an event it would be nice to add a table item to the DB
whose display name is configurable by event.  For instance, one could
use it to include contact person/information on the event or a website
or signup link.

To the best of my knowledge this is not available but i could be wrong.:>)