[kronolith] virtual domain sharing - dynamic auth params basedn ?

Mark xa87n at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 19:37:25 PDT 2005

Hello,

I would like to be able to share calendars per domain, meaning users
inside a domain (for example everyone inside yahoo.com) would be able
to share calendars with each other and not with anyone else. I'm pretty
sure I could figure out how to do it with permissions and groups, but
what I would really like is that users can only see other users inside
the domain. For example, lets say I create a new calendar, and want to
share it, I click on Permissions and get a pulldown menu with all the
users, at the moment I can see all users in all domains..and I would
like to see just users in my domain.

If this can also be done with groups and permissions, and someone wants
to help push me the right way, that would be nice also. I've searched
the lists and google, but haven't found out much except that it should
be possible. It seems a bit messy to do it that way, I would have to
make a group for each domain, then add users one by one via Admin
gui/user..or most likely I'm missing something and this is why I'm
asking for little help. :)

My other question is, I was thinking to do it in Horde back end. Auth
method used is LDAP, and ldap backend itself is already divided per
domain:
dn=user at yahoo.com,ou=yahoo.com,ou=coolemails,dc=domain,dc=com

So my horde/config/conf.php looks like:
$conf['auth']['params']['basedn'] = 'ou=coolemails,dc=domain,dc=com'.

Would it be possible to just add ou=yahoo.com in front like this:

$conf['auth']['params']['basedn'] =
ou=yahoo.com,ou=coolemails,dc=domain,dc=com ?

The dynamic way, based on user's login since they log in with full
email address for username.

If this is a good idea, how would I intergrate it? Would I need to
write a hook? Which files should I be looking at? I started changing
the framework files (ldap.php) in Auth and Prefs dirs, but that is
really ugly and if there is a nicer, cleaner way to do this, I would
rather do it the right way.

If someone could please point me in the right direction, what would be
a good way to do something like this, I will then work on it. :)

Thanks guys.

Mark