[sam] Re: [cvs] commit: sam

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:00:28 -0400

Quoting Chris Bowlby <excalibur@hub.org>:

> Hmmm... must be the transaction code.... I did test but I do not yet have
> a mysql database setup, I'm using PostgreSQL...

Yeah; multiple statements in one query is simply not at _all_ portable.
MySQL certainly doesn't support it; I doubt Oracle, MSSQL, etc. would
either. I'm surprised Postgres does, it's an odd syntax.

There are more portable ways to do transactions if you want - do a google
search for PEAR DB transactions.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in