[sork] Vacation 2.0 Problems

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi@edu.vantaa.fi
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:57:06 +0300

Lainaus Bryan H <sork@nvethis.d2g.com>:

> Also, it appears that when I set a vacation message, I get the
> message at the
> top saying that the message has been set, but when I return to either
> change or
> remove it, it's as if it was never set; the default message is
> displayed.  I'm
> not sure if that is the functionality of the program or if it is not
> working
> correctly?

It works that way. Vacation module uses FTP and has no way to know if
the vacation message is set (before connecting and sending
username/password). There's been discussion about changing this
behaviour, but atleast when using FTP it could introduce some security
and possible other problems.

> I browsed in a terminal to /usr/local/bin and there was nothing in
> there, for
> vacation or anything.  It was empty.  Could this be a problem why it
> is not working?

Yes. You must install vacation binary. See if it's included with your
distribution or search and download it from the Net.

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi