[sork] Re: [dev] Code Duplicate Auth:: Passwd_Driver::

Tue Oct 15 05:05:27 PDT 2002

Quoting Mike Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> Remove all the passwd drivers. Add a 'changepasswd' capability to the Auth
> drivers and add a changePassword($username, $oldPassword, $newPassword)
> function the the Auth api.

I have no problem with this, but not being a horde expert or familiar with
the Auth:: code, I'll leave any decisions up to others.

> Another option would be to have the Passwd drivers extend the Auth drivers, I
> guess.

That also seems reasonable to me.  The advantage of the first one is that the
horde admin page could then be made to change passwords by the admin on behalf
of other users, if one so desired.  That would be useful to many sites (with
help desk type folks).

> Thoughs / Comments?

It all sounds fine to me, but I'd rather others more familiar with the
project make decisions, so I'll leave it all to them.