[sork] Forwards and message copies

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 15 09:20:17 PST 2003

Quoting G G Papazoglou <grp at med.uoc.gr>:

> > Seems like a configuration option makes more sense...
>
> > If the user doesn't want to use it, it would be easier to not check the
> > checkbox than to set/reset a preference.
>
> I couldn't possibly agree more, yet due to policy restrictions in my
> organization it should be avoided. Hence the post...

This was an argument against a preference, not against a configuration
option the site administrator could set.

> Btw, I REALLY think it could be useful if the current forward address
> is displayed. Any idea on how to do that? And, besides that, I tried

Depends on which version you are using, and what backend you are using.
The current CVS HEAD, and I think the current release, will pre-load the
forward in the ftp-based forwards backend, if it can.  But it may fail
under certain circumstances (horde password not the same as the ftp
password).  If you are using a different backend (sql, ldap, etc) this
should be trivial to add if it isn't there yet.

But, I really need to know what version of forwards you are using, and
what backend driver you are using before I can say anything useful.

> to add an entry like the following in horde/po/el_GR.po:
> msgid "Forwards"
> msgstr "<The greek word for Forwards here>"
>
> and then run "make install", to make the "Forwards" link in IMP's bar
> appear in my language. No success. Have I missed something?

Again, depends on your version of horde + forwards, but what you did should
in general work.  Always post you versions in each posting.

Other things that could be wrong are if you are running a php cache/accelerator
that is caching the old version, or on some systems you need to restart the
web server after changing locales to get them to show up.

> Thanks and sorry for the trouble I may have caused.

No trouble.  Discussion is always good.