[sork] Problems when username contains "@"

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 20 01:37:44 PST 2003

Quoting David Chang <david at thbuo.gov.tw>:

> Well,I have the same situation like you,I think vacation/forward need hook
> function to do that.

Okay, that may be valid, but can we define the problem better first?

> > I'm just having a lot of work to make vacation-1.2.7.rc1-1 works when
> > username is something like user at domain (login=user at domain)
> >
> > Everything works fine (forwards and vacation) for users without the @ but
> > when it contains the @ sign, not so good!

Okay.  So are these user at domain strings actual domains, or virtual domains?
Or are you not using domains at all, and the user is just adding the domain
for no reason (or you set a realm setting for no reason)?

> > It seems to me that the problem is somewhere in sendmail conf because
> > vacation is not started when then username contains @

It should be setting the .forward file to contain something like either:

\user, "|/path/vacation user"

or

\user at domain, "|/path/vacation user at domain"

Now, the question is, how can we make it work.  Can you set it up, then
manually edit the .forward file and try the following type of entries:

\user at domain, "|/path/vacation user"

\user, "|/path/vacation user at domain"

and then let us know what happens with the above type of setup?