[sork] vacation, xml-config and realm

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 27 05:25:36 PST 2004

Zitat von Martin Luethi <horde at humbapa.ch>:

> why does only passwd use a backends.php?
> what is the criteria for using a backends.php or just conf.xml?

The criteria is if anybody had time to convert the application from conf.php
usage to backends.php usage.

> I don't understand why several horde-modules split the config-part in
> different files. wouldn't it be better to have only one file and make all
> the configuration stuff via the horde->administration->configuration
> interface?
> or just add a backend-config section to this interface?
>
> I just think it's a bit confusing to configure some parts here and the other
> parts there.

If you send a patch to lib/Config.php that allows us to dynamically *add*
new fields to the config files, we could do this through the admin
interface. But that still doesn't allow the admin to add any IFs or
SWITCHes into the file that don't get overwritten the next time he updates
his configuration.

> is there something else I can do to have my vacation-setup working again with
> the new xml-config?

Yes, fix the sql driver to also take its parameters from
$conf['server']['params'][$realm|'default'] like the other drivers do.

> PS: I'm sorry about asking you so many questions. would it be better to ask
>    this kind of questions in horde-dev?

When it becomes a general Horde discussion, yes. I.e. you want to continue
the thread on the configuration UI. Cc'ing the dev@ list.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens