[sork] Aliases and Vacation

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 18 08:24:27 PDT 2004

Quoting Sébastien CORBEAU <scorbeau at improve.fr>:

> Eric Rostetter wrote:
> > Define what you mean by doesn't work.  Does it not parse, return an error,
> > only honor the last entry and ignore the previous ones, or something else?
> With this .forward:
> \user, "|/usr/bin/vacation  -a alias1 -a alias2 user"
> It's ok.

As I would expect, or at least hope.

> But with this:
> \user, "|/usr/bin/vacation  -a alias1 alias2 user"
> When I send an email, the following error appears:

Yes, because it parses "alias1" as the argument to the -a switch, "alias2" as
the username of the user, and "user" as unexpected text at the end of the
command.

This all agrees with my gut feeling about how it should work (use multiple
-a switches if using multiple aliases).

Thanks for clarifying!