[sork] Cyrus/Exim/LDAP with vacation

Craig Box craig at itpartners.co.nz
Wed Sep 8 15:38:31 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Our mail setup is Cyrus 2 and Exim 3 running on Debian Woody, using LDAP
to glue it all together and some custom web scripts to maintain the
accounts.

We use horde/imp for webmail and have just found out about the Sork
project - specifically the passwd and vacation modules.

I would like to use the vaction module in our current setup.  Can't use
.forward files as mail is all virtual and users don't have home
directories.  I have an LDAP server we could do this out of, or we could
also use SQL.  Can someone comment on how feasible this is?  Has anyone
implemented anything like it before?  How would I plumb it into Exim?

(Upgrading to Exim 4 will only happen when Sarge becomes stable, by the
way.)

Regards,
Craig Box                       Phone   07 957 2653
IT Partners Ltd                 Fax     07 957 2659
PO Box 9361                     Mobile  021 475 869
Hamilton, New Zealand