[sork] Cyrus/Exim/LDAP with vacation

Phil Freed url-horde at freed.com
Wed Sep 8 17:27:30 PDT 2004

At 06:38 PM 9/8/2004, Craig Box wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Our mail setup is Cyrus 2 and Exim 3 running on Debian Woody, using LDAP
>to glue it all together
>[...]
>I would like to use the vaction module in our current setup.

I've just downloaded the vacation module (I'm using Postfix / LDAP on
Solaris).  It appears to have good support for LDAP.  The important thing
to know is that it is NOT a vacation program -- rather, it is a front end
for some existing vacation program.  That is, it gives your users access to
the pertinent database fields so that they can set up their vacation info.

What makes the module slick is that the same front end supports .forward
files, .qmail files, and DB back ends.  This is handy if you have (or
expect to have) a heterogenous set of mail servers.  In my case, I have
virtual mailboxes configured in an LDAP DB.  I could just create a simple
web page to allow users to edit the pertinent vacation data.  But I like
the Horde platform, and I expect that using as much of it as possible I
will benefit from the future work of a lot of smart people.

As an OT aside:  I'm looking at yaa (Yet Another Autoresponder) for my
back-end vacation program.  I'm curious as to what other folks are using
with Solaris.