[sork] Passwd w/ shadow files

Ryan Burton ryan at 602global.com
Fri Sep 10 20:56:40 PDT 2004

Any more thoughts on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: sork-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:sork-bounces at lists.horde.org]
On Behalf Of Ryan Burton
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 8:40 PM
To: 'Eric Rostetter'; sork at lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [sork] Passwd w/ shadow files

Thanks for the reply Eric,

Ok, I guess not a normal shadow file.  I was referring to those normally
found in /etc.  The contents of the file look like this line:

username:COi5zofgLm7z7:::::::

..for example.  The way users can normally change their password on a
cpanel system, is to go to www.domain.com/webmail.  They would then be
prompted for their e-mail and password.  Once logged in, they have an
option of using neomail, horde, and squirelmail.  On the same screen,
below all those options, they can change their password, forward email,
autoresponder...etc.  The change password link takes users to a
webmailpasswd.cgi file.  My problem is I have the cvs version of horde
installed, and my users use that.  So I want to get the passwd module
working instead of them having to use the /webmail options.  Want to
restrict them to just Horde as webmail program.  The cpanel install of
Horde (or neomail or squirelmail) does not have a change password option
within.

Yes, cpanel is a gui setup on a shared hosting server.  I managed to
finally get my horde install to work, but the last step is the change
password option.  I was thinking someone else must have inquired about
this by now, but can't find anything.  As for the command line for
changing password, I can't seem to find what it is.  Still looking
though, asking on cpanel's forums.

Hope this info makes things a little more clear, thanks again for your
help, it's appreciated.

Cheers,
Ryan.