[sork] problem with forward and vsftpd

Pedro Sousa psousa at direito.up.pt
Wed Nov 17 05:10:15 PST 2004

Hi,

I've got Horde with the forward module active. First I configured my server
to use wu-ftpd and it worked fine. Due to the security problems of wu-ftp a
friend advised me to switch to vsftpd. I configured vsftpd and I can ftp to
my server remotely and locally. I'm not allowing anonymous ftp and users to
upload files other than their home folders.

After I switched to vsftpd my forward module stopped working.

Does anyone can help me with this? I've searched google and horde
documentation for help but with no success.

My config is the following:

Horde Versions

  a.. Horde: 2.2.5
  b.. IMP: 3.2.3
  c.. Turba: 1.2.2
  d.. Kronolith: 1.1.1
  e.. Mnemo: 1.1.1
  f.. Accounts: 2.1
  g.. Passwd: 2.2
  h.. Vacation: 2.2
  i.. Forwards: 2.2
PHP Version

  a.. PHP Version: 4.3.4
  b.. PHP Major Version: 4.3
  c.. PHP Minor Version: 4
  d.. PHP Version Classification: release
  e.. You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities

  a.. DOM XML Support: Yes
  b.. FTP Support: Yes
  c.. Gettext Support: Yes