[sork] "Incorrect Password" error on Passwd 2.2.1

Frank Reta frankreta at mac.com
Fri Jan 21 02:44:36 PST 2005

Hi all:
	So before I posted this I scoured every square inch of the archives
and googled it to death..

Passwd 2.2.1.

On password change attempt I get "Failure in changing password : Incorrect
Password" Here's the backstory:

Running Horde 2.2.4, IMP 3.2.  Data warehoused in MySQL using crypt
encryption for the passwords.  Horde is using IMP for authentication and
it's all (Horde and IMP, not Passwd) running beautifully.

Troubleshooting:
- Although I set everything to use crypt encryption, I double checked it
using a crypt password ->plaintext converter - checked out ok.
- For grins, I changed in passwd/backends.php: 'encryption' => 'crypt',  to
'encryption' => 'plain',   then I went into the MySQL DB and keyed in a
plain text password.  Passwd then changed the password.  This tells me that
it's not having any issue accessing the database, the table or the fields to
query the DB but it is having an issue in parsing the current crypted
password.

- Last question - I was just going through the horde structure to absolutely
verify (this install was done ages ago, so I barely remember how it was
done) the crypt settings.  Since Horde uses IMP to login to the mailbox
through SQL, I did a find for any instances of 'accountuser' (the table that
IMP should query against to find a user) throughout Horde and any
directories - nothing came up??!!  Scoured through the docs and config file
and couldn't find where I made that configuration. Presumably wherever the
database/table information is located for IMP authentication against SQL
I'll find the encryption method it should be using to check the passwords.

Any thoughts?

--Frank Reta