[sork] Re: Sork and Horde H3

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 11 08:47:25 PST 2005

Quoting Marc Balmer <marc at msys.ch>:

> So it is.  We have a version of the BSD vacation program, ldapvacation,
> that uses LDAP to store it's data.  It uses its own schema, so we need a
> new driver for it, which we have.

I've never heard of it, but that isn't important.  The schema doesn't
require a new driver.  It requires a way to handle multiple schemas.
Could be configuration items if they are simple changes, or could be
some kind of mapping system like Turba uses, etc.

> We have added a ldapvacation driver
> and extended the xml.conf file of vacation accordingly.  In the same
> time, we fixed some bugs in main.php of vacation.

Sounds like a good start.  In particular the bug fixes to main.php. :)

> It works for now.  But it surely needs some "finishing".  We are even
> thinking about adding a new horde module that supports our idea of an
> "ideal" vacation program.

I don't see why you want to add a new module rather than fix/extend/etc
the current one.  But maybe that's because I don't know what the "ideal"
vacation program is.  Can you explain what the "ideal" would be?