[sork] Re: Sork and Horde H3

Marc Balmer marc at msys.ch
Sat Feb 12 05:13:33 PST 2005

Eric Rostetter wrote:

>>So it is.  We have a version of the BSD vacation program, ldapvacation,
>>that uses LDAP to store it's data.  It uses its own schema, so we need a
>>new driver for it, which we have.
>

> I've never heard of it, but that isn't important.  The schema doesn't
> require a new driver.  It requires a way to handle multiple schemas.
> Could be configuration items if they are simple changes, or could be
> some kind of mapping system like Turba uses, etc.

ldapvacation is an extension of the classic vacation program by Eric
Allmann.  You can get it at
http://ftp.etc.msys.ch/pub/sources/ldapvacation/.

> Sounds like a good start.  In particular the bug fixes to main.php. :)

I did quite some changes to main.php to allow the vacation stuff to run
without the user having to type in his password every time.

IMO its problematic to have different entry fields in vacation, like
splitting the subject an the message.  Personally I would prefer a
single text area where the user has to type in his vacation message
including additional mailheaders etc.  Now we have to apply some magic
to split the message into fields for display and reassemble it for
storage.  That gains nothing. A simple scheme like good old vacation,
from which manpage I quote:

vacation expects a file .vacation.msg, in your home directory,
containing a message to be sent back to each sender.  It should be an
entire message (including headers).  For example, it might contain: