[sork] Horde/vacation on Solaris

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 16 08:06:49 PDT 2006

Quoting Laurent Blume <laurent at elanor.org>:

> However, I'm unsure if I can use it in my environment: it would be on a
> Solaris 10 server w/ LDAP accounts. Before I start recompiling PHP &
> all, has anyone tried this before? Would it work?

Have not tried it, but it should work in theory.  We do have an ldap
backend for vacations.

> Also, there is a .vacation.filter file on Solaris that allows to reply
> only to specific addresses or domains. We would like to use that
> functionality for users who want to send replies internally but not
> externally.
> Would it be possible to add such a feature somewhere in the future?

This could be added, but I'm not sure what level of functionality you need.
If you want to just copy a static .vacation.filter in place, that would
be fairly trivial.  If you want to allow the user to specify what goes
into their individual .vacation.filter file, that's a bit more work...

Doesn't seem like anything too hard to do, but we'd have to know more of
what it is you want.  If you want the user to be able to create unique
versions of the file, we'd have to know the format of the file, etc.
And of course, there would have to be someone willing to add the code, etc.

So, the answer to all your questions seems to be "maybe"... ;)

> Thanks in advance for any answer,
>
> Laurent

Go Longhorns!