[sork] Horde/vacation on Solaris

Laurent Blume laurent at elanor.org
Wed Aug 16 09:53:12 PDT 2006

Eric Jon Rostetter a écrit :
> Have not tried it, but it should work in theory.  We do have an ldap
> backend for vacations.

Well, then it sounds like worth trying (and bug reporting later if
needed :-)

> This could be added, but I'm not sure what level of functionality you need.
> If you want to just copy a static .vacation.filter in place, that would
> be fairly trivial.  If you want to allow the user to specify what goes
> into their individual .vacation.filter file, that's a bit more work...
>
> Doesn't seem like anything too hard to do, but we'd have to know more of
> what it is you want.  If you want the user to be able to create unique
> versions of the file, we'd have to know the format of the file, etc.
> And of course, there would have to be someone willing to add the code, etc.

Well, the idea as it was discussed was to allow 2 choices to the user:

( ) reply to everybody
( ) reply to the local domain only

So that would fit using a preset .vacation.filter file containing only
mydomain.com.

About the format, it's rather simple, here is an extract of the man:

     In addition to the above  criteria,  if  a  .vacation.filter
     file  exists,  it  is  used  to constrain further the set of
     addresses to which a reply is sent. Each line in  that  file
     should  be either a domain name, an email address, a negated
     domain name or a negated  email  address.   A  negated  line
     starts with the single character !.
    [...]
    A sample filter file might look like the following:

     !host.subdomain.sun.com
     sun.com
     !wife at mydomain.com
     mydomain.com
     onefriend at hisisp.com
     anotherfriend at herisp.com

     Blank lines and lines starting with  "#" are ignored.

I think that if an advanced configuration would be needed, it could be
done easily by allowing the user to edit the file directly, using a
textarea as for the vacation message (and their responsability if they
mess up).

What do you think? Does that sound possible?

> So, the answer to all your questions seems to be "maybe"... ;)

Well, that's not a bad answer :-)
I don't do PHP myself, so I can't help directly, but I can certainly
help test & debug if somebody gives it a try. The way we're doing
vacation right now is *very* ugly (I won't tell, you wouldn't believe it
:-) so it needs to change fast.

Laurent