[sork] Horde/vacation on Solaris

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 16 12:36:46 PDT 2006

Quoting Laurent Blume <laurent at elanor.org>:

> Eric Jon Rostetter a écrit :
>> Have not tried it, but it should work in theory.  We do have an ldap
>> backend for vacations.
>
> Well, then it sounds like worth trying (and bug reporting later if
> needed :-)

Yes, I'd agree...

> Well, the idea as it was discussed was to allow 2 choices to the user:
>
> ( ) reply to everybody
> ( ) reply to the local domain only
>
> So that would fit using a preset .vacation.filter file containing only
> mydomain.com.

Sounds reasonably easy to add...

> About the format, it's rather simple, here is an extract of the man:
>
>      In addition to the above  criteria,  if  a  .vacation.filter
>      file  exists,  it  is  used  to constrain further the set of
>      addresses to which a reply is sent. Each line in  that  file
>      should  be either a domain name, an email address, a negated
>      domain name or a negated  email  address.   A  negated  line
>      starts with the single character !.

What's the difference or significance of a "negated line" versus a
"normal" or "non-negated" line?

> I think that if an advanced configuration would be needed, it could be
> done easily by allowing the user to edit the file directly, using a
> textarea as for the vacation message (and their responsability if they
> mess up).

The idea behind the sork modules was to make it so the user couldn't
easily mess up the files, so I'd hate to see this done as a text area.

> What do you think? Does that sound possible?

Yes.

>> So, the answer to all your questions seems to be "maybe"... ;)
>
> Well, that's not a bad answer :-)
> I don't do PHP myself, so I can't help directly, but I can certainly
> help test & debug if somebody gives it a try. The way we're doing
> vacation right now is *very* ugly (I won't tell, you wouldn't believe it
> :-) so it needs to change fast.
>
> Laurent

We can give it a try, but no promises... What version of Horde are you
running?

Go Longhorns!