[sync] SyncML server installation

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jul 20 08:25:08 PDT 2004

Quoting KLIS Yann <Yann.KLIS at rbs.fr>:

> Is this implementation independent from the other Horde project? I mean,
> is it possible to install the SyncML server without IMP or Turba?

Without IMP, sure. You can do it without any of the apps, but you need
the core
Horde code, and you'd need to create an API wrapper around whatever you wanted
to sync with that interfaced with the Horde registry. That shouldn't be hard,
though.

> What's the preferred (easier) method to install the SyncML server?

Uh, just install it?

> I haven't looked at all the code in CVS now, but is the wbxml
> compression part still handled by calling the wbxml2xml utility?

Yes, currently. Though it'll fall back to trying to decode it in native
PHP code
if the utilities aren't available.

-chuck