[sync] Reg SyncMl for 6670

Deryk Piper deryk-lists at mod-soft.com
Tue May 10 07:14:40 PDT 2005

Quoting venkata ramana <meetramana_12 at yahoo.co.in>:

> Hi one and all

..

> those logfiles using syncMl. My doubts are..
> 1) whether syncMl is helpful to synchronise the data.
> 2) When I am using the symbian, is there any API of
> symbian which is used to parse/access the
> syncml(interface)
> 3)If syncml is not useful to syncronise please suggest
> me what to do?

Ramana,

>From what I can tell, it's highly unlikely that you're going to get the answers
you're looking for from this list.  SyncML support in Horde is still in
development, and from what I can tell current development is focused on syncing
PIM data types that are natively supported in the Horde framework - ie,
contacts, appointments, tasks, and notes.  You've got two strikes against you
in that you want to sync a file, and you're asking for help with Symbian API's
in a Horde SyncML mailing list.

What you should probably do is look for Symbian development lists or forums and
ask your questions there.  Hopefully that will get you pointed in the right
direction.

DP