[sync] Introduction & Plans to use Horde's SyncML in another project

Mike Hostetler mike.hostetler+lists at gmail.com
Tue May 2 05:59:02 PDT 2006

I'm a newbie on this list and I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Mike
Hostetler.  I'm a PHP/MySQL guy living in Denver, Colorado.  I have been
working with PHP for approximately 6 years now.  I am involved with open
source, mostly in the Drupal community.  You can read more about me on my
blog: http://www.amountaintop.com.

I have a project that I'm starting in the next few weeks that would benefit
from SyncML.  I've been looking around at different SyncML options, reading
the specs and I believe I have my head wrapped around it pretty well right
now.  Because of a design constraint, I need the implementation to be 100%
PHP.  My original plan was to roll my own because I hadn't found Horde's
SyncML implementation yet!  I was overjoyed when I found your CVS archive of
the SyncML server.

I wanted to let everyone here know that I am planning on downloading it and
working to integrate it with my project.  I am sure I will have questions,
and I will definitely bring them here.  I also want to pave the way for me
to contribute any patches back into the project.

The project I'm working on is a bit hush-hush at the moment.  However, the
plan is to release it as open source software.

Thanks for your hard work!

--
Mike Hostetler
mike.hostetler at gmail.com