[sync] SonyEricsson K750i & typo in SyncML/Device.php ?

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Tue May 9 22:20:33 PDT 2006

Hi,

Andy Wright wrote:
 > My phone is returning $_Man = 'SonyEricsson' in devinf.txt

the "Sony Ericsson" (with space) is used by the P800/900 series. The
newer phones like the K750i use a completely different syncml
implementation. For example unlike the P900 they use wbxml encoding.
So it's actually OK that the string is different and the P800.php device
class is not used. The device classes are for fine tuning of individual
fields, basic syncing should work as well even without a recognized
phone. After all that's what a standard is for, ain't it? ;-)

So much for the good news...
Unfortunately there were some troubles to get the K750i to sync: somehow
the phone has always been unhappy with the response from Horde and gave
an "Invalid Response". Do you still get that? There were some
enhancements to the wbxml stuff recently, so hopefully it's better now.

Cheers,
  Karsten