[sync] install-packages an outlook-plugin

Norbert Schulze nschulze at jobelmannschule.de
Fri Dec 1 03:02:59 PST 2006

Hello,

> So It might be worth a try to uninstall all Horde related packages
> and then do
>
> cd framework
> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
> php install-packages.php

I did so, but it didn't help. The "pear list -c" command now shows the
right versions, but synchronization only works in one direction: from
outlook-plugin to horde.

When I make changes in e.g. calendar, the horde.log says, that the
server sends the changes to the client, but the funambol-client
doesn't recognize them.
And there is no sync_log.txt.

I assume, that cleaning up the pear-list-stuff only has influence on
the registry-database of php/pear but not on the working installation.
(I already had to do the channel-discovery when updating my horde
installation several weeks ago).

Is it possible, that we need php5 for a proper function of the
synchonization? I heard, that egroupware uses horde's SyncML-Module.
So I made test installation and found, that it requires php5 for
syncml. I'm a lazy bone, so I will change my running php only when it
is strongly recommended.

Greetings
Norbert
--