[sync] Help with iPhone/Funambol sync

Harkin Banks harkinbanks83 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:02:13 UTC 2009

> Looks like the Turba addressbook you are trying to sync is in LDAP??
> Do you have more than one addressbook for this user and maybe the  wrong
> one (read-only) choosen for sync??
> Check the Turba settings for the addressbook to use for sync and  double
> check if the user in question is able to create/alter contacts  there.

Thank you for your response.

The addressbook itself is not in LDAP (ie, the contacts to be synced).  LDAP
is used, however, for authentication.  I think this may well be all an LDAP
issue in the end, but I am not sure what I should do.  The thing is that I
am using the Kolab back-end with all of its defaults, so I would imagine
that what I am reporting below is a general issue for anyone using sync and
the Kolab back-end.

Maybe there is something I should be doing on the client (iPhone) side so
that I get around the "Strong(er) authentication required" error, but in the
Kolab config, there is no security directive being used, which is the only
thing I know of that might trigger an error of this sort.

But, I'm just guessing in all of this.  Any further thoughts are much
appreciated.