[sync] N95 Syncing

Marcus hordelist at quantentunnel.de
Fri Feb 6 09:51:54 UTC 2009

Rafael Neves Harff schrieb:
> Hi All!
> I have been using Horde for a long time but I'm new here and I don't
> know much about syncronization.
>
> I would like to know how can I keep contacts, e-mails and kronolith
> up-to-date with my Nokia N95 cell phone.
>
> I have searched for it but I coludn't find.
>
> 1) Which software should I use in my cell phone? I have read about
> SyncML but which software implements this specification?

If your cell phone has build in SyncML support, you don't need any
additional software. The tech specs on Nokias page didn't state anything
about SyncML, but in some test found by goolge SyncML support is mentioned.

Check your cell phone /manual for SyncML support and setup it up with
help from the Horde Wiki: http://wiki.horde.org/SyncHowTo?referrer=HowTo#
The wiki server is down right now, try later or google cache.

Without build in support for SyncML you need something like Funambol
http://www.funambol.com/

> 2) How-to set Horde to aloow syncing?

Not much to do in Horde, synchronizing of contacts needs a default
address book.
Information about trouble shooting are also found in the wiki.

Marcus