[sync] Problems syncing with funambol clients

Rashid N. Achilov achilov-rn at askd.ru
Thu Aug 6 02:37:41 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Remko Muis wrote:

> The Win Mobile plugin simply says: Please wait: checking your
> credentials... and then complains: Sync not completed, please try later.
> If the error persists, contact Technical support. Syncing with
> myFunambol works, however.

Funambol does a "strange" thing - it has renamed their databases, used in sync
to non-standard names, so sync with non-Funambol servers simply does not
work - nothing to sync, databases are different.

Deinstall latest Funambol and install Funambol 6.5 for WinMobile - I had
installed it at cheap corporate PDA Mitac MIO DigiWalker (someone) witn WM
5.x - all worked

In spite of this, Funambol for MS Outlook works :-) In Mozilla plugin try to
rename databases, if it is possible
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), JID: citycat4 at jabber.org
   OOO "ACK" telecommunications administrator, e-mail: achilov-rn [at] askd.ru
   PGP: 83 CD E2 A7 37 4A D5 81 D6 D6 52 BF C9 2F 85 AF 97 BE CB 0A