[sync] umlaut problem

Gregor Glashüttner gregorprivat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:13:05 UTC 2010

2010/1/6 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> Weird. Try "-o -" instead. Though you won't need this for debugging your
> problem anyway.

Tried that already, same result... Maybe libwbxml2 is somehow broken
on my architecture (armv5tel)...?

> That's fine, if you configured Horde to store the data iso-8859-1 encoded in
> the database backend.

Ok, here we go! Thanks for that hint! There was utf-8 in
$conf[sql][charset]. If i change that, the umlauts in the events are
alright, but others (e.g. my name on the top right) are messed up.

> So, the tasks end up in the table, but they don't show up in the task list?
> Not even when displaying all tasks and choosing all task lists in the panel
> in the top right?

The events were there, in detail view only the umlaut was messed up
but in overwiew the whole title was missing.

So what should i do now to correct that? I already did "SET NAMES
'utf8'" in mysql, tried this:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/TIP_Convert_latin1_to_UTF-8_in_MySQL

Regards, Gregor

--