[sync] Horde-Thunderbird/Lightning sync

Carsten Schumann grypho at tempus-vivit.net
Sat Oct 8 18:30:02 UTC 2011

Hi Paolo,

here is my approach which I use with Lightning and my Horde.

To access the Kronolith calenadar with Lightning or Thunderbird, you
have to create a new remote calendar. As URL you choose (as described at
http://wiki.horde.org/KronolithSunbird)
http(s)://yourhost/yourhordepath/rpc.php/kronolith/YOUR-HORDE-USERNAME/YOUR-HORDE-USERNAME.ics
.
When updating the calendar for the first time, Lightning asks for a
username and password which is stored in lightning. After entering the
credentials, you work with the calendar as if it is a local calendar.

BEWARE: If Lightning looses the connection to the remote calendar (i.e.
Internet line down) you need to restart Thunderbird after your internet
connection is reestablished. Otherwise your calendar entries can get
messed up.

Best regards,
Carsten Schumann