[sync] Problem with Synthesis SyncML on Android since Horde Upgrade

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 21 15:39:26 UTC 2012

Quoting Daniel Tombeil <dt at admindu.de>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Please do not top post.
>>

> [...]
>
>>> can anybody point me to some documentation helps me getting
>>> startet to track down this issue? Or does anybody have other
>>> helpful input?
>>
>> Did anything change in your turba/config/backends.local.php file?
>> What mappings are you using for the various phone fields?
>
> this could indeed be the problem. I mentioned after the upgrade
> inside the horde4-release that IMP didn't work any more as the
> backend.php was overwritten. I then learned that changes should be
> made to backend.local.php and did that for IMP.
>
> Unfortunately I didn't change anything after the initial upgrade
> from horde3.x to horde4.x. I just worked so I didn't take a look at
> the backend files and did not move the settings to the .local-file.
> If the the last upgrade has also overwritten my turba-backend then I
> need to set this up again. Can you point me to a location to learn
> about the mappings?

The best place to look is directly in the backends.php and
attributes.php files.

> I guess the main backend is ok as I can see als contacts right in the web-ui.

Yes, but for syncing (and most of my experience is with ActiveSycnc,
not SyncML) filed types that have the potential to have multiple
fields (multiple phone number types, email addresses etc...) are
sometimes mapped to explicit fields on the sync client. This is why I
asked what your current field mappings were.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org