[sync] Client did not provide authentication data (H5 Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2/ Nexus 7 4.2.2))

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 11:50:42 UTC 2013

On 21 March 2013 11:50, primaxx <erol.haagenrud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Horde users and developers,
> I can't figure out why I get the error stated in the subject here.
> If I try to connect, I always get the "Incorrect username or password" on my
> Android device.
>
> *Server-Enviroment:*
>  Ubuntu 12.04, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.10 (CGI/FastCGI)
> The Horde-version is the latest stable 5.?.
>
> *ActiveSync settings:*
> Enabled email sync EAS 12.1
>
> I should finally mention that I have tried with and without the domainname
> in the username, and all the different sync versions.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?

What other trouble-shooting have you done?  I presume your ActiveSync
URL is reachable, yes? (Yes, I just checked your log snippet).  Is it
encrypted (https)?  (No).   Is your certificate valid?  Is the client
accepting it?

What auth are you using for horde?

My Samsung I9305 works just fine, so I doubt it is a client problem.
Are you using the stock client or another one?  What are your server
settings?

I use full email addresses as the username and my settings look like

\user at example.com
webmail.example.com
x Use SSL

Clearly you don't need the use SSL.  Note, if you don't use the \ at
the front of the username you are liable to get an error.

Simon