[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 19:05:29 UTC 2014

> The fact that 70 bytes are being sent tells me it's likely more than
> a single email address though, so maybe this is a client issue? If
> you can't get the logging to work, you can try wiretracing it to see
> the data.

I've tried the stock email app on my mobile device (a Samsung Note 3)
and something interesting happened:
The distribution list was picked up through the GAL search but it
returned this:
myList <test.user1 at mydomain.com, test.user2 at mydomain.com>,

Which looks to me like it's missing a '>' and a '<' at the end and
beginning of the email addresses.

It also made the To: field red with an exclamation mark and an error message.

The email app I use (Nine) just showed the distribution list as pink,
which I thought may be an error but there's lots of different colours
in Nine so I wasn't aware of it.

So, now it looks like my LDAP Turba entries aren't correct, except
that IMP works fine with them?

Is it possible to have an error in my LDAP entries that IMP isn't
hitting but ActiveSync is?

Many thanks,

Tim