[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 13:29:22 UTC 2014

> I'm not really sure what to do about this. I leaning towards
> implementing the correct RFC 5322 way of representing the group and
> let the client developers worry about fixing their end. At the very
> least, things will not work just as much either way. I have access
> to a real exchange server VM for testing, so maybe if I find the
> time I'll set up a GAL and see how these clients (mis)behave against
> Exchange and at least try to match that.

Following the RFC is the right thing to do, however I don't see Apple
making their mail client adopt it. Copying the M$ way is probably the
way to go as that is what should work on the majority of devices.

I still have my exchange server running and am happy to help. I've got
Wireshark installed on the exchange server and I think I've got the
private keys added to it correctly but I'm not quite there yet in
extracting an ActiveSync conversation from it. I'll keep trying though
as I like learning more about Wireshark.

Many thanks for your help thus far,

Tim