[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 14:24:04 UTC 2014

> I went ahead and just prevented groups from being returned, period.
> All of the options to try to work around the protocol are just too
> risky - it's very likely that a user would think an email was sent
> to dozens of people in a distribution list when in reality it was
> only sent to the first person in the list with the rest silently
> ignored.

Probably the only safe solution. I don't see Apple or anyone else
fixing their RFC 5322 implementations.

Thanks for explaining how Exchange does it. Apologies for not figuring
enough out about Wireshark and SSL before so I could have helped.
Given your information on it, I think I can work around the problem
with LDAP and postfix to provide distribution lists that work in IMP
and with ActiveSync.

Many thanks,

Tim