[sync] Outlook 2013 sync recovery after server down

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 14:51:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> Yes. OL doesn't seem to respond to the standard error code that
> triggers a resync in this case, and I have yet to find a code that
> works for OL that also works for everyone else.

According to my ActiveSync Devices page, the version number of the
Outlook client differs as to whether or not it will partially resync.

All the PCs are set to auto-update every night, and all have the same
copy of Office2013 installed, yet users with "Outlook/15.0
(15.0.4569.1505; MSI; x86)" against their ActiveSync profile are
unable to resync after any communications error, and users with
"Outlook/15.0 (15.0.4719.1000; MSI; x86)" are able to sync emails but
not calendar.

Is there anything I can do to help find the ActiveSync resync command
for Outlook 2013?

Tim