[trean] Trean tryout - help request

DavidB odyseus at whatistruth.net
Tue Jun 24 19:45:06 PDT 2003

blue at deltabroker.at wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I use horde+imp+turba+kronolith for a few months now, but I installed
>all from the stable .tar.gz files. Now I'd like to take a look at
>trean, but I'm not familiar with CVS, yet. I'd like to download the
>latest "snapshot" of the trean directory from the CVS tree and insert
>it into my configured and working framework. I rsynced the trean
>directory, but I don't know what to do with ...,v files.
>
>Is there a "trick" for what I need or should I read and understand the
>full CVS documentation? (Am I too lazy?)
>
>I'm using Debian (stable).
>
>Thanks,
>Blue

I haven't done this myself but I think you need to check out a copy from
the cvs tree that you installed, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

see both the "Please note" on link http://www.horde.org/rsync/

and the check section of  link http://www.horde.org/source/using.php

reading the other information contained therein might help ya.

mit freundlichen gruessen,

David