[turba] tsv (tab separated values), pine and mulberry address support

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:51:46 +0200

Zitat von Liam Hoekenga <liamr@umich.edu>:

> Hey guys -
>
> I've got a slightly revised version of my tsv stuff.  I supports import
> and
> export of tsv files.

Committed, thanks. Please try to follow CODING_STANDARDS more strictly in
the future (indention, blocks).

> Known problems -
> - it doesn't do anything good w/"email groups" from either program.
> since
> turba doesn't do groups right now (at least I don't think it does), they
> should
> probably  be ignored.  mulberry groups have a "Grp:" in field 0, and pine
> groups have paranthesis in field 2.

Yes they should be ignored for now.

> - mulberry escapes apostrophies when it rights it's addressbook - the \'
> should
> be replaced with normal apostrophies (It just doesn\'t look right).

stripslashes() is your friend.

> Pine also creates entries that look like this:
> liamr     Hoekenga, Liam
>     "Liam R Hoekenga, BA Linguistics, University of Michigan"
>
> where what it considers to be the email address (the stuff on that second
> line)
> actually gets placed on a second line in the address file.  It doesn't
> show up
> as a long line, it's a real separate second line. :\  So... when
> importing, you
> end up with a record with two fields (the alias and full name) followed
> by a
> separate record w/ one field (the email address).  I'm not sure what to
> do
> about that.

Looks like "folded" lines. See the RFC 2425 import filter how to unfold
them.

Jan.