[turba] Multiple objectclasses

Pär Aronsson par.aronsson@nohup.se
15 May 2002 09:07:54 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to my ldapserver (Openldap 2.0.21) using Turba
(1.1 RC2). I can read and edit but when I add to the server things are
unpretty.

When using gq to view an entry added using Turba I see it only use one
objectclass, even though several are mentioned in sources.php. It seems
to use only the last objectclass mentioned. As I understand it there is
no single schema matching the attributes used by Turba. Editing schema
files is not recommended by the ldap folks.

I want Turba to use attributes from all objectclasses in sources.php,
that way things will show up nicely in other mail-ldap clients.

When editing an existing entry all objectclasses are kept in the entry!

Is there a way to get Turba to use all objectclasses mentioned, when
adding an entry?
Is there a single schema matching Turba?
Have I misunderstood the whole thing?

Thanks for any help/pointers
Pär Aronsson

Excerpt from sources.php.

[...snip]

$cfgSources['ldap jessica'] = array(
    'title' => 'Hemma dot com',
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'jessica',
        'port' => 389,
        'root' => 'ou=Addressbook,o=hemma,c=com',
        'bind_dn' => '',
        'bind_password' => '',
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => 'top',
        'objectclass' => 'person',
        'objectclass' => 'organizationalperson',
        'objectclass' => 'inetorgperson',
        'objectclass' => 'evolutionperson',
        'encoding' => 'utf8',
        'filter' => ''