[turba] Turba and adressbook on DB Postgres and connexion not closed

Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:36:47 -0500

Quoting Rick Emery <rick@emery.2y.net>:

> With the CVS HEAD version, I had a similar problem to this. When I had

I used CVS head with PostgreSQL without problem, though the rest of my
setup is very different.

> Is there a bug in the way postgres is being used? I also realize that, in
> running the HEAD version, we both had to upgrade to PHP-4.2.2 (from
> PHP-4.1.2),
> so maybe the bug is in PHP? Is anyone successfully using postgres for the
> database backend that isn't seeing this (numerous connections open that don't
> seem to close)?

Yes.  I'm running it without problem, and have been for a very long time.
But my setup is currently:

RH 6.1 (heavily patched)
postgresql-7.2.1-3.arvin.rh6.2 (and all the other needed PG rpms)
php-4.2.2-4.arvin.rh6.2 (and all the other needed PHP rpms)

I previously used it with PG 7.x (from Postgres, not arvin)
and php 4.1.2 and php 4.0.6 (always from arvin) without any problems.

I've never seen any problem with PostgreSQL with any version of Horde or
PHP that I've used.

That isn't to say I don't have PG processes hanging around, but they are
usually between 4 and 20 of them, and I've never run out.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!