[turba] sorting browse view

Devin Drown drown@banzai.org
Thu Oct 17 14:06:03 2002

> It's not quite that simple; this ignores the fact that people can choose a
> different column to sort by. I think I've sorted (doh, no pun intended) it
> out in CVS HEAD - can you see if it works as you expect now?

Looks good from my end (updated to CVS HEAD copy this morning).  Thanks very
much for looking into this.

I'm guessing from the behavior of the "lastname sort"  (I didn't look at the
code yet) that this could be modified such that after it gets done sorting by
last name, it sorts by whatever is left in the field (the first name etc).  The
way is acts right now, I'm getting behavior that is sorting by database entry
order on the leftover part.

So if you add the following names in this order:

A Smith
C Smith
B Smith

That's the same order they are sorted by.  Whereas, one might want them to be
sorted as:

A Smith
B Smith
C Smith

This only really shows up if you have lots of folks with the same last name in
your contacts (rare for business, but likely for personal).  In any case, it
works much better right now.

-Devin