[turba] Configure LDAP

Sascha Bieler sascha.bieler@radiogong.de
Wed Oct 23 09:27:45 2002

Hi there,

I am just a beginner in setting up LDAP, can anyone please help me?

First of all i have to say what I am using:

RedHat 8.0
Postfix
MySQL
OpenLDAP2
IMAP (from xinetd)
Horde 2.1

My HordeFramework is working great and my MailServer keeps on rocking,
but I wanna have LDAP, so I set it up and it's working. BUT: I just can
search in the LDAP-Directory and I am not able to edit something. So
here are my questions.

Do I need a special schema for LDAP with horde?
How Do I setup the sources.php so it uses a password? (In slapd.conf I
have an crypted password, that's working for localhost, when I am
ldapadding ldif-files)
I'm a little bit confised now...

Here's my config of turba/config/sources.php

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
     'title' => 'Gemeinsame Adressen',
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => 'localhost',
         'port' => 389,
         'root' => 'dc=radiogong,dc=de',
         'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,ou=users,dc=radiogong,dc=de',
         'bind_password' => '',
         'dn' => array('cn'),
         'objectclass' => 'person',
         'version' => 3
     ),
     'map' => array(
         '__key' => 'dn',
         'name' => 'cn',
         'email' => 'mail',
         'homePhone' => 'telephonenumber',
         'workPhone' => 'workphonenumber',
         'cellPhone' => 'cellphonenumber',
         'homeAddress' => 'homeaddress'
     ),
     'search' => array(
         'name',
         'email',
         'homePhone',
         'workPhone',
         'cellPhone',
         'homeAddress'
     ),
     'strict' => array(
         'dn'
     ),
     'public' => true,
     'readonly' => false,
     'admin' => array(),
     'export' => true
);

I just want all my users can edit the global addressbook, ;-)

Thank you for all clues and hints... and have a nice day

Sascha