Fwd: Re: [turba] LDAP search results gone after upgrade to Turba 1.2...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 12 14:31:30 PST 2003

'objectclass' => '*'

----- Forwarded message from tmeader at cne-odin.gsfc.nasa.gov -----
    Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:31:30 -0500
    From: Tim Meader <tmeader at cne-odin.gsfc.nasa.gov>
 Subject: Re: [turba] LDAP search results gone after upgrade to Turba  1.2...
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and I apologize for the
cross-post. However, I am only trying to setup this server based on the
prior configuration. I am not familiar with LDAP in any way, and I have no
idea how exactly I would determine the "objectclass" that is necessary for
my setup.  Is there a way to revert back to the "broken" behavior of 1.1
for just this portion of Turba 1.2?  I desperately need to get this
function up and running again.

Thanks in advance.

At 11:13 AM 3/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Please don't crosspost.
>
>Quoting Tim Meader <tmeader at cne-odin.gsfc.nasa.gov>:
>
> > Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what may be going on here.
> > My LDAP searches in Turba were returning info fine up until I tried to
> > upgrade to Turba 1.2 last night. After the upgrade, it executes the
> > search, but the results are always blank.  There's no error about not
> > being able to connect to the host or anything, just the result set is
> > blank.
>
> >From docs/UPDATE:
>
>The 'objectclass' entry for LDAP address book definitions in
>config/sources.php is respected in Turba 1.2 but wasn't before, so you
>should make sure that youse a correct setting here.
>
>-chuck
>
>--
>Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
>"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of
>darkness. It is not the night that kills, but the frost." - Miguel de Unamuno
>
>--

---
Tim Meader
ODIN Unix Group
ACS Government Services, Inc. - (301) 286-8013
tmeader at cne-odin.gsfc.nasa.gov

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck