[turba] __type attribute for LDAP

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Thu Mar 13 16:32:23 PST 2003

> Then I'll do
> what needs doing - and someone is going to have to explain that to me - and
> wahoo! The *community* has taken another step forward.

Of course that doesn't mean Chuck and others won't shoot you down occasionally
:)  As Chuck expressed more elegantly that I did in my first post, there aren't
too many people who use LDAP and who also help others on the mailing list (with
LDAP related issues).  I think right now Ed Culp is our best resource.  He tends
to help people alot.  I'm trying to get more involved with the Horde project but
it takes some time getting used to.

Based on your LDAP documentation (which is quite impressive) I think you are
probably the most knowledgable person on LDAP.  I think anything you submit (in
terms of schema design) would pretty much accepted and commited.  If you don't
have the time to submit patches, thats fine.  Just help when you can and the
others who use LDAP will try to take what you write and submit that as a patch.

Now if you won't mind sharing those schema definitions.... :)

Thanks
Amith