[turba] Turba changing contact name

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Apr 4 09:47:45 PST 2003

Quoting chris at wilber.me.uk:

> Let's say that the first one has a middle initial, so I edit that record
> and make it John R Smith.
> Now I come to add the new John Smith and I can't.
> Now I am not sure of terminology here so bear with me. I would have
> expected that if we the rdn as I have done here, then this should be a
> move in ldap rather than an update.

Quite possibly, but this is not what we do. If this is the right behavior, a
patch for it would be great.

> Perhaps a mechanism to achieve this is to have a flag in the
> configuration files that identifies the field as a component of the rdn so
> that any changes to thoise fields results in a move rather than an update.

The 'dn' array in the LDAP params should take care of this, yes?

> Congratulations on a superb product by the way.

Thanks. :)

> One last thing, in setting up LDAP Turba, I noticed a fair number of
> questions on how to achieve a working setup. If anyone thinks it would be
> useful, I am willing to write up what I did, and also provide a sample
> slpad.conf, sample LDIF and sample turba configuration files.

That would be great - make sure you look at what we have in CVS HEAD for
Turba, but more documentation certainly can't hurt!

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of