[turba] Personal Addressbook in ldap

James Satterfield james at uberduper.com
Wed Aug 6 13:45:56 PDT 2003

I've managed to get myself really confused here. My users login with
 user at domain.com. I'm pretty new to ldap, so everything I've been trying is
 mostly trial and error. Unfortunaly, I haven't gotten past there error stage.
 When ever I try to look at My Addressbook, I get " Failed to access the
 specified address book." I haven't found any logs that might indicate what the
 problem is. So here's my sources.conf.

 $uid = Auth::getAuth();
 if (preg_match('/(^.*)@/', $uid, $matches)) {
    $uid = $matches[1];
 }

 $basedn = 'ou=uberduper.com,o=UberDuper';
 $cfgSources['personal_ldap'] = array(
     'title' => _("My Addressbook"),
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => 'knight.uberduper.com',
         'root' => 'ou='.$uid.',ou=personal_addressbook,'.$basedn,
         'bind_dn' => 'cn='.$uid.',ou=accounts,'.$basedn,
         'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
         'dn' => array('cn', 'uid'),
         'objectclass' => array('top',
                                'person',
                                'inetOrgPerson',
                                'organizationalPerson'),
         'charset' => 'utf-8',
         'version' => 3
     ),
     'map' => array(
         '__key' => 'dn',
         'name' => 'cn',
         'email' => 'mail',
         'surname' => 'sn',
         'title' => 'title',
         'company' => 'organizationname',
         'businessCategory' => 'businesscategory',
         'companyAddress' => 'postaladdress',
         'zip' => 'postalcode',
         'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
         'fax' => 'facsimiletelephonenumber',
         'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress',
         'homePhone' => 'homephone',
         'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
         'notes' => 'description'
     ),
     'search' => array(
         'name',
         'email',
         'businessCategory',
         'title',
         'homePhone',
         'workPhone',
         'cellPhone',
         'homeAddress'
     ),
     'strict' => array(
         'dn'
     ),
     'public' => true,
     'readonly' => false,
     'admin' => array($uid),
     'export' => true
 );

 In my test case, the user is jsatter at uberduper.com
 ou=jsatter, ou=personal_addressbook, ou=uberduper.com, o=UberDuper
 and
 cn=jsatter, ou=accounts, ou=uberduper.com, o=UberDuper
 both exist in the ldap.

 Any pointers you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
 James.