[turba] Address transfer problem

Steve Daniels horde at stedaniels.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 01:46:35 PST 2005

I would of thought it was obvious that if you customize and/or tweak the
software upgrades are obviously not going to go smoothly. It's like
running a cracked version of some windows software and then expecting
it's automatic upgrade agent to work perfectly.

What you could do is search through the bug reports and see if/when this
has been fixed, then track the changes through the cvs and see the
relevant files that where changed to fix this. And apply these changes
to your local installation.

If it hasn't been fixed, and you would like it to be fixed,
developers/coders are most likely only going to fix something if it's
running the latest code - because then they know it's compatible.

I'm sorry if any of this sounds out of line, or is blatantly incorrect
I'm sure someone will correct me. It just annoyed me to see you moaning
when Chuck, Jan, and the rest of the team put so much hard work into
this project for free.

Just my two pence,
Steve Daniels