[turba] Fwd: Turba multiple users

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu May 12 19:55:22 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> To take this a step further, are there any plans to implement addressbooks,
> along the lines of current Shares?

No one is working on it that I know of, but we've been talking about it
ever since we first added the Share class. It's just a bit more
complicated for Turba because of the existing possibility for multiple
backends.

> I'm thinking the concept of Global Shares would be useful too - they aren't
> owned by anyone, per se, but can be acted on like a user share, which initial
> permissions assigned by the Horde Administrator (think corporate calendar,
> global addressbook, resources for scheduling, like rooms, etc.)

So, what's the difference (effectively, I get the technical nuance
you're getting at) for these between an existing share created by an
administrative user (admin, secretary, whatever) with the appropriate
perms?

-chuck

Quincy Adams